Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Books! + Scientific Mnemonic System Thoughts

I just acquired a slew of new books: "Ad Herrenium", "On the Composition of Images, Signs & Ideas" - Giordano Bruno, "The Medieval Craft of Memory" - Carruthers Ziolkowski, "Your Memory How it Works and How to Improve It" - Kenneth Higbee, "Art of Memory" - Frances Yates and "Giordano Bruno & the Hermetic Tradition" - Frances Yates.

I also downloaded a whole bunch of e-books: "Improve your Memory" - Ron Fry, "How to Develop a Super Power Memory" - Harry Lorayne and a whole bunch more.

I do not have the time to read any of them right now, but I cannot wait until I can! I have been thinking about a system I want to develop for synthesis memorization. I came up with a simple scene that could be used for this. Darth Vader (carbon) holding a green light saber (green = life = oxygen) being shot at by a cleaning lady (nitrogen) in a forest representing nucleophillic attack. The objects would have to be able to be built into a larger picture, for instance, a Darth Vader holding hands would be just about impossible to memorize, considering how versatile carbon is. I could also develop a PAO system for each element, but stereochemistry would be really difficult to include in this. This system is going to have to be very complex...

No comments:

Post a Comment